Monday 18 August 2014

Day 44

It has been a while.

I have to apologise. I have been caught up in my student life out here in Melbourne that have failed to post on this blog for ten whole days. The weather is still not great. While I am writing this, I can hear the rain falling on the roof above with my light on as the sky is miserably dark and grey. Yet it is going so well.

Since I last posted, my trails around Melbourne in search anything remotely hip or cool have died down. The work load for my course has started to pile up. That has not stopped me, however discovering the odd new bar or two, some in better condition than others!

one of Melbourne's many laneways full of "cool" bars.

Unlike the previous 20 years of my life, I have spent a fair bit of time in the gym while I have been out here. That is in large fact due to the cost of my gym (below) membership being covered by my college fees. One thing I have noticed straight away was how busy it is. It seems like exercise is a way of life out here, far more so than back home in England.


Even those who don't claim to be very sporting all head down to the gym at least twice a week, something I am sure does that happen that often back home. The other things that is completely different is the attire of those who attend. I feel like the odd one out in my standard shorts and fairly old football top while the majority of the gym goers strut (and yest strut is the right word) with their vest on and the full length and very tight leggings. I think it just sums up the total commitment that the Aussies have to sport. Or maybe their weird taste in fashion. Yeah lets go with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment