Saturday 23 August 2014

Day 50

Day 50 seems like a milestone. I write this on a lazy Sunday afternoon having been to the gym and looking forward to some Volleyball later and a trip to the cinema to see the brilliant Inbetweeners.

I did, however, reached a proper milestone yesterday. I went to my first house party outside of England. It was pretty cool. It was not like the ones I am used to back home. Normally back at school someone would have (or more accurately get) a party when their parents were out of town. There are always quite tense affair as everyone knows that at any moment it could turn nasty as the parents come home to find someone vomiting into their plant collection. No this party was cool, it even had the mythical red cups (below) that I had only ever seen before in American films and TV shows.



Things got a little bit scary on the train back home when a man, holding an empty vodka bottle,  was adamant on having fight with someone and shouting his hatred of the English for the whole carriage to hear. Thankfully he kept his distance from me and did not ask where I was from ( like he was doing to everyone else). I probably would have had to lie and not admit that I am an English gentleman from the fine county of Yorkshire who enjoys nothing more than a Sunday roast and a nice cup of tea.

In more exciting news, this Thursday I am going to Sydney for the weekend. I am so excited. So the next post will be a bumper Sydney special!

No comments:

Post a Comment